Ursula Watkins has supplied another recipe, following on form her delicious Tiramisu. Hopefully these ingredients can be found too!
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 garlic clove peeled and sliced you can add more if you like garlic
1 onion peeled and sliced
1 pepper any colour of your choice sliced and deseeded I like to use two different colours.
pack of chicken thighs or breast whichever you prefer
1 carton or tin of chopped tomatoes
2 x mozzarella balls pulled apart
pinch of Italian herbs or basil and oregano
Rice approx 250g
– Preheat the oven to 180 or gas mark 4
– Heat the olive oil in a large pan and gently fry the garlic and onion then add the sliced pepper until soft then add the chicken and fry for 2/4 minutes each side until golden.
– Transfer all into a large baking dish approx 1.5-2 litres add the pinch of herbs or the basil and oregano to the chopped toms and stir then pour over the chicken mixture in the dish. Then top with the ripped up pieces of mozzarella, place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes until bubbling and golden.
– Meanwhile, cook the rice following pack instructions and cook the green beans in a separate pan as per the pack instructions dependant on if they are fresh or frozen.
– Once cooked serve the chicken with the rice.
A nice filling hearty meal. You can always add a vegetable too, I sometimes cook broccoli to go alongside this dish or green beans work well too.