After a discussion today we have decided to postpone the conference until April 2021. It seems unlikely our university will be able to host an in-person conference in September, and we would prefer to still aim to have a face-to-face meeting rather than switching to a digital conference. This also means that the global situation means we end up needing to convert the conference to a virtual event in April after all, we will have had the practice of running virtual research seminars over the autumn term, so will have more confidence in the infrastructure for hosting a conference online.
We received some really wonderful abstracts for the conference and have accepted many of them, though obviously we don’t expect anyone to commit to attending the conference until we have a new date (we’re currently exploring options). This also means that we will send out a renewed CFP in the autumn term and potentially add some new papers to the mix.
Thanks for your patience! If you’re interested in seeing the CFP, click here.